Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

"To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other."

"The tiger can't change his spots. No, wait, he did! Good for him!"

"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad."

"How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak."

"If I was the head of a country that lost a war, and I had to sign a peace treaty, just as I was signing I'd glance over the treaty and then suddenly act surprised. 'Wait a minute! I thought WE won!'"

"The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision a whole universe. But the stupid man will just lie down on some seaweed and roll around until he's completely draped in it. Then he'll stand up and go, 'Hey, I'm Vine Man.'"

"I hope that after I die, people will say of me: 'That guy sure owed me a lot of money.'"

"It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money."

"Many people never stop to realize that a tree is a living thing, not that different from a tall, leafy dog that has roots and is very quiet."

3 comments:

Peter said...

I love Jack Handy! Some of my best SNL memories. Good stuff, Brandon.

Here's an old Steven Wright (I believe the inspiration for Jack Handy) joke that I always have liked...

"If 50% of all auto accidents occur within 5 miles of the home, why don't people just move 10 miles away?"

Tri-Dummy said...

Good post, Brandon.

PT..Steven Wright...good one.

He also said,
"I came home today and realized all of my furniture had been stolen and replaced with an exact replica."

Anonymous said...

Well said.