Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Leave It To Beaver

I like to think about my life sometimes. The good times and the bad. I think I was pretty dillusional as a kid though. I used to think my family was totally normal like Leave It to Beaver or something. I don't know why. Maybe it's the fact that ignorance is bliss or that I was just trying to please everyone and therefore pretended everything was better than it was. Don't get me wrong my childhood wasn't horrible but it was a far cry from the Beave. It wasn't until I got older though that I realized it. Beaver, that kid had it made. Sure he got into some trouble with the tea cup incident and all, but what a life. There was Ward the level headed sensible father. He would get mad and say things like "now Beaver" and give him a stern talking to. Then there's June who always had cookies and milk ready for the boys. What about Wally the cool older brother always sticking up for the Beave. Bailing him out when he lost his haircut money by giving him a fine haircut himself. What a guy. Of course there was Larry he was always talking Beaver into some sort of trouble but he wasn't so bad. We can't forget Eddie Haskel. But you know if Eddie was the worst guy we had to worry about I think we would be OK after all he still said things like "yes sir" and "my you look lovely today Mrs. Clever". Yes I think the Beave had a wonderful life. Sometimes I wish times were simpler. Sometime I wish I could be Theodore Clever.

3 comments:

Peter said...

Well if you wish you were the Beaver, then I wish to be the Teacup!

You stud, you...;-))

Brinker Business said...

Good thing you lucked out and married the next best thing to June Cleaver!

Josh Luse said...

I love it. Write more my friend.